Home > Best Practice
Coming September 2021
The information in Life Stages tells us that social mobility remains a problem, and it's getting worse. The work we are doing on the Activity Map tells us there is a huge amount of work being done to tackle the problem. You're here reading this, and we know many more like you want to make a difference. But what works?
We've commissioned a panel to review each organisation and programme focused on the different Life Stages. The panel will look at opportunities for better collaboration within and across Life Stages. Best practice highlights and case studies will be included on this site.
The energy and interest for ESMA has been incredible attracting the support of many senior and inspirational leaders on social mobility.
- Public Bodies & Education
- Social Mobility Scheme Alliance Representatives
- Third Sector
- Helen Mahy CBENon Executive Director at SSE plc
- Sir Kenneth Olisa OBEChairman Of The Board at Alitam plc
- Andrew GarardGroup General Counsel and Director of Corporate Affairs, Meggitt plc
- David AmpawPartner, DLA Piper & PRIME Board member
- Dr Tony MuntonManaging Director theRTK
- Hollie CromptonSocial Mobility Operations Lead, PwC
- Jeanie YorkCTIO, Virgin Media
- John GodfreyCommercial Director, Red Badger
- Joe SeddonFounder and CEO, Zero Gravity Tech
- Katherine AinelyManaging Director Ventures, BT
- Katie Perriorformer Downing Street Director of Communications
- Kirsty CooperGeneral Counsel and Company Secretary, Aviva Plc & Insurance and Pensions Champion, Government Dormant Assets Scheme
- Raphael MokadesFounder & CEO, Rare Recruitment
Authored by Dr Catherine McGregor, the ESMA panel will produce a guide which summarises key recommendations identified by the Life Stages teams. ESMA also hopes to raise an incubator fund to enable the sharing of best practice materials, and support creative and radical innovation that has the promise to improve people's lives across the UK.
Join our mission
We've got bold ambitions to connect the whole social mobility community in one place. Sign up to our newsletter to be the first to hear news on events, exciting new ideas and connect to others who want to make a difference.