The employers social mobility alliance is an unincorporated association which is dedicated to promoting a coordinated and collaborative response across State, Business and Third Sector to address the issues faced by individuals from low income backgrounds when pursuing their career goals. This Platform (defined below) is operated on behalf of the employers social mobility alliance by Red Badger Consulting Ltd (https://red-badger.com) (“ESMA”).
- What’s in these terms
- By using this Platform you accept these terms
- We may make changes to these terms
- We may suspend or withdraw your use of this Platform
Our Platform is made available free of charge. We do not guarantee that our Platform, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our Platform at our sole and absolute discretion. We may do this without notice to you.
- How you may use material on our Platform
ESMA is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Platform, and (unless otherwise stated) in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Platform for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organization or learning institution to content posted on our Platform.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
You must not use any part of the content on our Platform for commercial purposes.
- Do not rely on information on this Platform
The content on our Platform is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. Consequently, we do not accept any responsibility or liability for any actions or omissions that you may take in reliance on such content. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our Platform.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Platform, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Platform is accurate, complete or up to date.
- We are not responsible for the websites or third party platforms we link to
Where our Platform contains links to other websites or platforms and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites, platforms, resources or information you may obtain from them. We have no control over the contents of those websites, platforms or resources.
- Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
If you are a business user:
We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our Platform or any content on it
We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our Platform; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Platform.
In particular and without limitation, we will not be liable for:
- loss of revenue, profits, sales or business;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
Nothing in these terms will restrict your statutory rights as a consumer (including your rights to receive a reasonable standard of service, more details about which can be obtained from your local Trading Standards Office or Citizen’s Advice Bureau).
Please note that we only provide our Platform for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our Platform for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of revenue, profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our Platform will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our Platform. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our Platform by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Platform, the server on which our Platform is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Platform. You must not attack our Platform via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Platform will cease immediately.
- Rules about linking to our Platform
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our Platform in any website or platform that is not owned by you. Our Platform must not be framed on any other website or platform, nor may you create a link to any part of our Platform other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our Platform other than that set out above, please contact us.
- Prohibited uses
You may use our Platform only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Platform:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Platform;
- any equipment or network on which our Platform is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Platform; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
- Contribution standards
The contribution standards in this paragraph 13 apply to any and all material which you contribute to our Platform. You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- be accurate (where they state facts);
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and
- comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trademark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
If we decide not to exercise or enforce a right that we have against you (e.g. as a result of you breaching these terms), this does not prevent us from doing so at a later date.
- What happens if part of these terms is not enforceable?
If any provision of these terms is found by any court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable then that invalid or unenforceable part will be deemed deleted from these terms, such invalidity or unenforceability will not affect the other provisions of these terms and they will remain in full force and effect.
- Rules about linking to our Platform
- Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?